Divorce Lawyer Tampa Florida

AVVO Top Rated Divorce Lawyer, Tampa, FL

divorce attorney Tampa, Florida

Tampa Divorce Attorney
Nilo J. Sanchez & Associates

Divorce & Family Law Lawyer Tampa
Serving St. Pete, Clearwater and Pasco County
Contact Our Family Law Firm

1006 N. Armenia Avenue
Tampa, FL 33607

Phone: 813-879-4600
Email Us


Divorce Modifications

High Asset Divorces 


Timeshare | Child Custody

Modification of Timeshare

Equitable Distribution


Modification of Alimony

Parental Relocation

Child Support

Modification of Child Support

Family Mediation Process

Temporary Relief

Enforcement Orders

Florida Family Law Forms

Florida Family Law Links

Child support attorney Tampa
Family Law Attorney, Tampa Florida
Divorce Attorney Serving Tampa Bay,
Including Jurisdictions in Pasco & Pinellas
Counties, Florida


Tampa Divorce Modification Lawyer

Tampa divorce and family law modification attorney 

Divorce Modification Attorney  Tampa, South Tampa, Carrollwood, Brandon, Lutz, Land O' Lakes, Florida

Often times, a final judgment that is ordered and entered in a Florida divorce case or family law matter requires modification. Petitions for modifications can be made if you require modification of child support, visitation or timesharing, parental relocation or other major areas of your final judgment. Nilo J Sanchez & Associates is a Tampa divorce attorney who can represent you with any type of post divorce or court case. Attorney Sanchez works in multiple jurisdictions in Tampa Bay. Call for a consultation if you require a Family law post judgement modification in Tampa, South Tampa, Hyde Park,Ybor City, Carrollwood, Lutz, Land O' Lakes, Wesley Chapel, New Tampa, Wesley Chapel, Brandon, Valrico, St. Petersburg, Largo or Clearwater, Florida. Call today for a consultation, (813) 879-4600.

Child support modifications

Perhaps you have lost your job and need to ask the courts for either an upward or downward modification of child support or you believe that the spouse who is paying child support has not reported bonuses or raises that would effect your child support amount. Child support modifications can also be made based on the amount of timesharing you currently have that did not apply when your judgment was entered in family court. Child support modifications, whether you want to file a petition for change or if you have been served with a petition for modification of child support needs to be addressed promptly. We can help. As an experienced Tampa child support lawyer, we can help you get the best results for you and your family in a child support modification lawsuit. Read More > Child Support in Florida.

Modification of Alimony

Modification of Alimony. If there has been a substantial change in circumstances since your divorce final judgment, you may wish to seek a modification of alimony. There are a few different types of alimony awarded in Florida and most can be modified or terminated if changes substantiate this. Changes that can effect an alimony modification can be due to income changes or other changes. Whether your income has significantly increased, your former spouse’s income has substantially decreased, your former spouse is engaged in a supportive relationship, or there has been some other change, we can help you determine whether to seek a modification or termination of an alimony award. The enforcement or modification of Alimony in Florida is governed by Fl Statutes 61.14. and in part states;

1. The court may reduce or terminate an award of alimony upon specific written findings by: the court that since the granting of a divorce and the award of alimony a supportive relationship has existed between the obligee and a person with whom the obligee resides. On the issue of whether alimony should be reduced or terminated under this paragraph, the burden is on the obligor to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that a supportive relationship exists.

2. In determining whether an existing award of alimony should be reduced or terminated because of an alleged supportive relationship between an obligee and a person who is not related by consanguinity or affinity and with whom the obligee resides, the court shall elicit the nature and extent of the relationship in question. The court shall give consideration, without limitation, to circumstances, including, but not limited to, the following, in determining the relationship of an obligee to another person: To read Fl Statute 61.14 in its entirety, please click here or call Nilo J Sanchez & Associates for help in determining whether your alimony could be subject to modification or if you have received a petition for modification of alimony as you must enter a response.

Modification of Custody, Timesharing or Visitation

Modification of Timesharing or Visitation. It is important to consult with an experienced Tampa divorce lawyer to evaluate and determine whether you may be entitled to an order that would modify timesharing or visitation with your child(ren). In Florida in order to change a visitation schedule, the party who is asking for the modification must establish that:

(1) there was a substantial, involuntary, material and permanent change in circumstances that was not anticipated by either party at the time of the final judgment; and (2) changing the timesharing schedule is in the best interest of the child(ren).Timesharing matters are governed by FL Statutes 61.13. Modification of Final Judgment.
Parental Relocation

Parental Relocation. If you have been served with a petition to modify and relocate your children you have 20 days to respond. IF YOU FAIL TO TIMELY OBJECT TO THE RELOCATION, THE RELOCATION WILL BE ALLOWED, UNLESS IT IS NOT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE CHILD, WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE AND WITHOUT A HEARING. Call Nilo J Sanchez & Associates for a consultation and help with responding to this petition. The parent seeking to relocate with the minor child can do so by either obtaining the other parent’s written consent, which is put in the form of an agreement, or by obtaining prior court approval following a contested hearing for relocation of the child or children. Under the Florida law, the court evaluate certain factors when one parent seeks to relocate with the minor child and the other parent does not agree.

Read More About:

  • Filing a petition to relocate a child or children after the final judgment
  • Emergency Motions for Child Custody
  • Chapter 61.14 - Florida Statutes Regarding Petition for Modification of Support, alimony, maintenance orders.
  • Child Support - How Time-Sharing Affects Child Support
  • Amending or Modifying Your Florida Child Support in Tampa Bay
  • Deviations in Child Support & Unique Circumstances
  • Termination of Child Support in Florida
  • Modifying Child Support in Tampa & Florida

  • Copyright © Nilo Sanchez & Associates, Our Services | Sitemap | Contact Us | Google  PHONE: 813-879-4600 Memberships * American Bar Association * Hillsborough County Bar Association * Florida Bar Association Family Law Section * Hillsborough County Family Law Executive Council